Commercial Court Division
The Commercial Court was established in 1996 as a division of the High Court of Uganda devoted to hearing and determining commercial disputes with current jurisdiction (as established under Legal Notice No.4 of 1996 and Instruction Circular No.1 of 1996);
1. Plus company causes,
3. And intellectual property.
The mission of the court is to deliver to the commercial community an efficient, expeditious and cost-effective mode of adjudicating disputes that affect directly and significantly the economic, commercial and financial life of Uganda.
In order to achieve its mission, the Court has a number of Objectives namely:-
• To make litigation faster, cheaper, fairer and more accessible to Commercial community.
• To help attract foreign investment in Uganda through improving investor confidence in Uganda's legal system.
• To develop and introduce commercial-friendly rules of Court and encourage the use of Settlement methods including negotiation and mediation.
• To improve the Court's performance through applying modern Case management and modern Technology such as court recording.
• To create an effective institution with clear l'J1anagerial and Administrative structures run by honest, competent, motivated well-trained staff, supported by good facilities and equipment.
• To effectively supervise and monitor Bailiffs and all those involved in the Obtaining money or Property owed under a Court judgment.
The day to day management of the court is in the hands of the head of the court, assisted in this regard by a management committee composed of all the Judges of the court and the registrars, two working groups on Practices, and Procedures of the court and Information Technology and Training, and the Registrar of the Court.
The Division is located at Plot 14, Lumumba Avenue, Nakasero.